Steps to install Polar Help Desk web application manually:
- Copy Polar Help Desk files to the desired location.
- Go to Administration and click on Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- To your left side, expand Sites tree and then select Default Web Site.
- (optional) Right click on Default Web Site and select Add Application. If you want to use an existing Virtual Directory, simply right click on it and select "Convert to application".
- Select the folder where your Polar help Desk files were copied, choose a name for the virtual folder, and create the application.
- To your right, you will now see "Basic settings..." under Actions. Click on it and:
- Change the folder to where you installed Polar Help Desk.
- Change the application pool to Classic.
- You can create Classic Pool under Application pools if it doesn't exist already.
- Make sure ASP.NET 2.0 is selected.
- Also to your right, click on "Edit permissions...". Here you will add permission for ASP.NET user to read and write to the Polar Help Desk root folder. This user is the same as your Application Pool user and by default it should be NETWORK SERVICE user.
- Go to Security tab. Click on Edit, then Add, the Advanced buttons.
- Click on Find Now and double click on NETWORK SERVICE user.
- Click OK button and then check Full Control under Allow for NETWORK SERVICE user. Click OK.
To configure SQL follow these instructions: HowCanIConfigureSQLServer2008Express Once you are done, open the web site in your browser and you will be redirected to http://site/install. Here you can choose the database name and complete the installation.
HTTP Handler Order
In some cases, it may be required that you manually set HTTP Handler called "aspnet_isapi 64-bit" and "aspnet_isapi 32-bit" at the bottom of the order list, below the Static File handler. What basically happens is, due to order of execution, ALL handler intercepts the Static File handler and so the static files cannot be accessed by the browser.
You can recognize this issue by the lack of CSS (styling) on the Polar Help Desk HTML pages. Only plain HTML will show, and the page will appear to be deformed.
To resolve it, select Polar help Desk Web Application folder and:
- Go to HTTP Handlers and click on "View handler order".
- Select handler called "ALL" and move it to the bottom of the list.
- Refresh the handler order list to make sure this change was actually saved.
- Open the properties of the Static File handler.
- On the first tab, select for the handler to only process files, not folders.
- On the same tab change path from * to *.*
Known issues with IIS7 and IIS7.5 configurations
WebDav may cause issues by interfering Polar Help Desk Url Rewriter handlers. To resolve this, just remove WebDavModule from IIS7 Modules list for the Polar Help Desk web application.
Issues with cookies and internet explorer, and how you can resolve them: http://blog.polarsoftware.com/issues-with-internet-explorer-8-and-workaround/
Should you have any questions or need assistance in installing Polar Help Desk, contact us at email@example.com
Pictures of how IIS configuration should look
Ordered Handler Mapping list
You may be also interested in...
Click to read this topic
7/14/2013 4:17:38 AM - StanislavPrusac-220.127.116.11