Incident Status is one of the phases an incident goes through in its typical life-cycle.
Incident status can be one of the following:
- New - ticket has just been created. Nobody is working on it at this point.
- In Progress - support representative has started working on the incident.
- Waiting – to solve the incident, a support representative needs more information or certain documentation from customer. He/she has sent a request for information and now is waiting for an answer or an event to happen. Once the submitter answers, the incident goes back automatically to an accountable status.
- Resolved – support representative has proposed a solution to the submitter and it is awaiting for feedback. If the proposed solution did not satisfy, the incident status will change to 'in progress' status.
- Completed - no more work on the incident is required.
- Closed – the incident is closed